Scholarship Applications Open March 2022
Will you be in your final year of studying Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy or Speech Pathology in 2022?
Kickstart your career with a Xavier scholarship for an opportunity to join our team before you graduate.
Successful applicants for the Xavier Scholarship can expect
- The opportunity to gain real life, professional experience alongside our therapists
- The opportunity to join our therapists for any internal professional development events
- The possibility of future employment opportunities
Hit the ground running when your professional registration comes through.
What does your scholarship involve?
A Scholarship payment of $500 to provide you with financial assistance as you await your professional registration following the successful completion of your Degree or Masters.
The Scholarship Program offers students the ability to shadow and learn from our therapists, on average, one day per week as an unpaid work experience placement during your final semester (10 – 15 days in total which can be negotiated depending on your availability and ours. Shadowing opportunities may be at any of our locations).
You will observe our experienced therapists, and witness first-hand the support Xavier’s committed professionals provide for our clients.
What do you need to do to apply?
- Your Curriculum Vitae
- A covering letter (maximum 2 pages) outlining why you would be the right candidate for this opportunity; your interest in and any experience in working with children and young adults with
disabilities; and what you will bring to Xavier and your commitment to this Scholarship.
Candidates will contacted for an interview if they are shortlisted. If successful, you will be required to:
- Have a safe and reliable vehicle and a current driver’s licence
- Have a current Blue Card
- Have a current Police Check
- Have successfully undertaken a NDIS Worker Screening
- Have completed the NDIS Code of Conduct modules
It is strongly encouraged that successful applicants are vaccinated against influenza, whooping cough, Hepatitis A, B & C and COVID-19.
You will also be required to sign a placement agreement acknowledging you are not subject to, and have not been subject to, any allegations, investigations or cautions in respect of child harm or criminal conduct which may not present themselves as part of a police check.
Apply for 2022 scholarship now
If you would like to apply for our 2022 scholarships now, please submit your enquiry here: