Do you have a passion for supporting children and young adults to achieve their goals? Be a part of our multidisciplinary team to provide comprehensive speech therapy.
Work full time or part time. There is also the flexibility of working from your home office or at our offices.
Join our team based at our brand new office at North Lakes.
Are you Xavier?
Xavier people are inspiring, passionate and talented. They specialise in complex paediatrics and work with families within their homes, community, or in our clinics.
Xavier has an established reputation for the provision of high quality care for children and young people with complex paediatric needs. Xavier has been making a difference in the lives of children and young people since 1949.
About your new role
We have a rewarding full-time or part-time opportunity for an experienced or new graduate Speech Pathologist to join our team.
Our Speech Pathologists have the ability to provide and upskill across the broad range of supports including developmental assessments and therapeutic interventions, AAC and dysphagia/feeding.
What we offer
- A friendly and supportive team
- Flexible, family-friendly working environment
- The ability to work from home or at one of our offices
- Clinical supervision and mentoring that is designed to meet your individual training and support needs
- Professional development opportunities including 5 days leave (pro rata) and financial support each year
- Generous salary sacrifice options (significantly increase your take home pay)
- Meals and entertainment card
- An achievable 4.5 billable hour KPI (includes time for activities such as meetings and PD)
- The ability to manage your own caseload
- Vehicle reimbursement allowance for travel costs
- Mobile phone and laptop
- Superannuation payments of 12%
- Paid parental leave
What you will experience
- A truly rewarding role where you are making a difference in the lives of children, young adults, and their families
- Work with your clients within their home environment or in Xavier clinics
- Join a team where you will be valued and supported
- A great work environment where your days will be interesting and varied.
We are looking for:
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in assessment and intervention programs for children with communication and dysphagia/feeding support needs
- Experience in low and high – tech AAC will be highly regarded
- Strong clinical and non-clinical problem-solving skills
- A client centred approach that is both professional and empathetic
- The ability to work both autonomously and as part of our multi-disciplinary team
- The ability to provide services that are mostly mobile in the community, along with some taking place in Xavier clinics;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
Other essential skills
- Recognised tertiary degree in Speech Pathology
- SPA registration
- Medicare provider number or willingness to obtain
- Meet suitability requirements including a current police check
- Current Australian driver’s licence and reliable vehicle
- Completion of NDIS Code of Conduct modules
- Your Curriculum Vitae;
- A covering letter (maximum 2 pages) outlining:
- Your interest in, and any experience working with children and young adults with complex disabilities; and
- What you will bring to Xavier.
At Xavier, our care makes a difference in children’s lives – we see the results.
Apply via the application below. For a confidential discussion about the role please contact Robyn Last, Manager Allied Health on PH: 0437 674 884
Xavier, as part of the Catholic Archdiocese of Brisbane has standards of conduct for all employees and volunteers. Our commitment to these standards requires that we conduct background referencing for all persons who will engage in direct and regular involvement with children, young people and/or vulnerable adults.
|Job Category||Speech Pathologist|
|Reports To||Manager Allied Health|