Speech Pathologist New Graduate Positions
Kickstart your career in a role where you will be provided with a varied and interesting caseload within a supportive team
Are you Xavier?
Xavier people are inspiring, passionate and talented. They specialise in complex paediatrics and work with families within their homes, community, or in our clinics.
Xavier has an established reputation for the provision of high quality care for children and young people with complex paediatric needs. Xavier has been making a difference in the lives of children and young people since 1949.
We have rewarding full-time or part-time opportunities for new graduate Speech Pathologists to join our team at Eight Mile Plains, North Lakes and Springfield Lakes!
Our Speech Pathologists have the ability to provide and upskill across the broad range of supports including developmental assessments and therapeutic interventions, AAC and dysphagia/feeding.
Successful new graduates may have the opportunity to commence as a part-time Allied Health Assistant on completion of Degree/Masters prior to SPA registration as negotiated. This time can be used to shadow and learn from our therapists.
What Xavier can offer you
Successful applicants can expect:
- Retention incentives as you progress your career with Xavier;
- Possibility of employment opportunities as you await your professional registration (shadow our therapists & upskill before you start practicing);
- The opportunity to gain a broad range of clinical experience;
- Supervision and generous mentoring not only in Speech Pathology but with other disciplines to provide a holistic approach for your clients;
- Flexible working environment;
- A friendly and supportive team;
- Your office can be our office or your home office;
- Generous salary sacrifice options (significantly increase your take home pay);
- Meals and entertainment card;
- Vehicle reimbursement allowance for travel costs;
- Mobile phone and laptop;
- Professional development opportunities including 5 days leave (pro rata) and financial support each year;
- Superannuation payments of 12%;
- Paid parental leave.
What you will experience
- A truly rewarding role where you are making a difference in the lives of children, young adults, and their families
- An interesting caseload that is varied and will broadly develop your clinical skills;
- Work with your clients within their home environment or in Xavier clinics
- A team where you will be valued and supported
- A great work environment where your days will be interesting and varied.
- Generous professional development and mentoring programs
What we are looking for
- A strong interest in providing paediatric developmental assessments and intervention programs;
- Knowledge of and any experience with low and high-tech AAC will be highly regarded;
- Experience in or the ability to upskill to provide hydrotherapy will be highly regarded;
- Strong clinical and non-clinical problem solving skills;
- A client centred approach that is both professional and empathetic;
- The ability to work both independently and as part of our multi-disciplinary team;
- The ability to provide mobile services that are mostly in a client’s home or educational setting with some clients attending Xavier clinics;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Successful completion of a recognised degree in Speech Pathology;
- SPA registration;
- Willingness to obtain a Medicare provider number;
- Meet suitability requirements including current police check;
- Current Australian driver’s licence and reliable vehicle;
- Completion of NDIS Code of Conduct modules.
What do you need to do to apply?
- Your Curriculum Vitae;
- A covering letter (maximum 2 pages) outlining:
- Why you would be the right candidate for this opportunity;
- Your interest in and any experience in working with children and young adults with disabilities; and
- What you will bring to Xavier.
At Xavier, our care makes a difference in children’s lives – we see the results.
Apply via the application below. For a confidential discussion about the role please contact Robyn Last, Manager Allied Health on PH: 0437 674 884
Xavier, as part of the Catholic Archdiocese of Brisbane has standards of conduct for all employees and volunteers. Our commitment to these standards requires that we conduct background referencing for all persons who will engage in direct and regular involvement with children, young people and/or vulnerable adults.
|Job Category||Speech Pathologist|
|Reports To||Manager Allied Health|